Saturday, January 19, 2008

My life after uni..

Time passes by very fast when you're in audit.

On one fine sunday night you find yourself utilizing every single minute to relax, just bsc you know tomoro comes another working week, ... then you find yourself waking up in early monday morning (practically dragging your feet)... and the next thing you know.. its already FRIDAY!!!

You will find yourself feeling kinda happy on a friday for no particular reason.. : )
I absolutely am looking forward for weekends, now that i have started working. Time seems very very precious now, and if by any chance i get any time to relax, i will literally jump at the opportunity!

Work is fine and i find myself learning new things every single day. I love the project that im currently charted to and life has been very busy. I love it when i'm occupied because when your working on to something, you wont realise the time. My senior and colleagues have been teaching me alot of stuffs and i really appreciate them doing so. Sometimes, i feel kinda bad because i dont want to bother them too much because they too have work to get done. So, i try to pick up stuffs on my own sometimes.

I have lost touch with accounts for almost 2-3 years .. so.. credit debit stuffs do seems confusing to me at times. But i am learning. I am trying. I am giving myself a chance to work this out, and hopefully the light at the end of the tunnel will come to light very very soon.

As i was saying, work is fine but... travelling to work is NOT.

The normal routine for me is to wake up at 6, wash wash brush brush eat eat and leave the house by 7.20am. After that comes the 12 minutes (depending on speed) walk to the star lrt, 15 minutes ride and another 10 minutes walk to the office. By the time i reach office, i am practically soaked wet. >.<" (not a pleasant sight)

Sigh.. was i too pampered last time? I used to go everywhere and anywhere by car last time.. but now.. i can safely say i am fully utilizing my both legs. No longer can rest. I see myself telling them both legs "C'mon, work it babies!"... But at least the positive side is i might shed some kg-s.. no? Teehehe..

I work till 8pm and by the time i reach home, it is 9 plus. Do some stuff and by 11.. i'll be sleeping like a baby. So on average, i only have 1 and a half hours max per day to do my own stuffs And the whole cycle repeats the day after. I hope i am not scaring anyone, but audit work is really tough, The hours are long, public holidays and weekends does not necessarily mean you can rest at home. But the plus side is, you will learn alot of stuffs. You get to meet many new people. And it is of course very interesting. And the most important thing is..*drumrolls* you might even LOSE WEIGHT!! i dont know if i am imagining it or what,. but i do find myself feeling a tad bit lighter lately. hehe...

I miss doing all the stuffs that i was so used to doing. Im miss watching my tvb dramas, i miss surfing the net, i miss going out for movies, dinner or whatever that comes to mind, i miss having all my time in the world to spare, i miss home, i miss alot of stuffs. I miss my life before working. >.< I miss all you people that i love so much! I miss hanging out at night. I am so not accustomed to sleeping ealry and wake up early routine. Those who know me will surely understand the suffering i am facing everyday .. waking up at 6!!!! *SOBS*

So if you were to ask me what i think of working life? i would say bring me back to uni! Teeheeee..

3 comments:

Eddie Lim said...

tension...stress....seem like u have bad life lol....so how??take another degree la..hehe...go kampar study lo...wahaha...no la..i believe u have strong determination to continue....u pick up things very fast...i believe u can do it...

SaraLiew said...

wakaka.. not really sure if its counted as tension and stress.. ><
read ur blog.. seems like ur having it tougher than me..hehe gambateh together la! :)

Kent 阿健 said...

I dnt read ur guys blog for quite some times ldy.. sry abt that.. and i of coz i dun have time to update mine neither.. SMS joo the other day~ was nervous abt my viva.. worry abt this and that.. and thank god finally it's over.. and according to our supervisor we did very well.. she said:"I dunno what marks to give you all if you guys still not satisfied with 90+ marks.." and I actually shouted when I got her call. The Q&A session was'nt as horror as i thought earlier.. practically there is only one comment from my 2nd examiner ms Noreen.. she said she find it quite good actually. Then she said:"erm... question ar... oklah.. why do you guys choose to do this topic har?" then my group mate david answer and say he finds Performance Measurement is something very interesting to do.. I added by saying that the emergence of the collaboration among industrial and academia further enhance our interest in studying this topic.. then she started to ask the other 2 gals in our group and they manage to answer it well also! I guess we all are thrilled when our supervisor finally said it's good, I have no question~ TQ very much.. One surprise thing is that there are more than 30 juniors show up in our viva session.. We were shocked.. Can you imagine KA500B is full of ppl somemore the juniors have to drag chairs from the next class... It's 9am in the morning.. and now only we realize UTAR ACC students are quite hardworking.. they practically sacrifice their saturday morning sleep to come and watch our viva... ><