Friday, February 15, 2008

This blog is still functioning... hehe

I havent been updating my blog for sometime now, and i must say i'm ashame. hehe...
Well, the reason being that alot of things have been going on with my life, and i just could not figure out where to start.. hehe..

well, for a start, one major big ass thing that happened in my life happened in late January. A call that would have eventually change my course of career and pretty much my life. The call was from IBM. Upon thinking, contemplating and putting myself tru dilemmas day and night and various other nerve wrecking decison making sessions, yours truly have move on from audit to IBM now. As much as i miss the people i work with previously, i am also very happy here in IBM.

To the team i worked with for the very short one month plus, me miss you guys! Nevermind that the chances of any of you ever reading this is like 0.01%, but.. i miss all of you form the bottom of my heart. You guys have took care of me well, always willing to teach me and you guys made me feel welcomed. On the night of the farewell dinner, i tried to put up a brave front, but deep down i practically much knew that this smight be one of our last dinner together. On my last day, Iris you were so naughty into saying "How come didnt cry wan..?" ... that almost activated my tear system cuz it was already fully accumulated and ready to roll anytime. Serene, one of the nicest girl i've ever met. I wish you get what you wish for and send me goodies from Australia in future. Iris and Serene, you both are like sisters to me. To Seok Wei, my second senior.. i cant help but feel like wanna hug you at times cuz you are so cute! hehe.. YOu always like to tease me, and i never mind it at all .. cuz i like it. but i wont be comin back to clear the review points! hehe.. To my dearest senior Wai Yee. You must have gotten heart attack the first day when you knew your junior is from marketing! hehe.. But, you taught me well. Everything(altho limited) I know about audit, i learned it from you. You were always giving me chances to learn and practice and make mistakes. I will keep in mind all the knowledge you had pass on to me. Ok.. now i do sound kind of emo-ish. Whihc is partly the reason why i did not blog for sometime because i KNOW it will get emo-ish. All i wanna say is, i appreciate you guys. I appreciate that you guys still call and wish me luck on my first day in IBM, asking if everything was alright and can i adjust to the new environment. I felt deeply touched.
I wish i could still be working with all of you, but life took a twist, and i'm now heading to the direction i feel would suit me best.
I wish you guys continued success in your career and may you be happy and healthy always.
Do not forget this blur girl you once met in BDO Binder. : )

Having move on to the new company, changes to where i live now were also inevitable. I am no longer stayin at the rented place in Queens, for i have move back home.. because its nearer and more convenient travelling from home. I 'll start driving to work soon.. so watch out people!! hehe..

So many changes in such a short time. To my roomie and housemates in Queens, i miss you guys. I could recall the night before our first day of work. We were asking each other opinion like hey is this tie ok? or what you think of this skirt? and is this bag ok? reminding each other eh you got bring all your documents ar? I miss that. The sound of my housemate waking us up in the morning is something that i have grown so familiar with that in the morning of my first day of work in IBM, i miss that sound. I miss us chatting at night when everyone had reached home. Chatting and asking each other how your day have been. All these memories, i keep dear to heart. I wish all of you the best of everything and all the strength for you to persevere and succeed in audit life. I will drop by and kacau you guys from time to time.. hehe

Okay.. back to something less emo-ish.. as you can see from the time, its 10 30am.. and i am blogging. well, actually i shouldn't be, but well, lets say i'm using my free time wisely hehe. We are still on training now, but towards the end. Today is the last traiing day. We are suppose to meet up with our mentor later on, so for the time being.. this is what i am doing.

Today is the last day i will be working the normal working time i.e 9-5 pm.. Starting from next week, i will start work at 6am and end at 2.30pm instead. Shopping or movies anyone? hehe..

Today marks my fourth day in IBM and i must say, i like it here very much. The training helps alot as they explain and walk us through IBM history, values, organization chart everthing. We were also briefed and trained on how to utilise our think pad, step by step guidance on how to use relative functions/system, how to operate various office equipments, and many more which is quite impossible to explain all here. It makes you feel well taken care of. Like you know who to call if u need help, which person to look for, whihc floor. They are quite detail and sensitive in terms of taking care and guidin theier new hire. Plus, lunch is so convenient cuz IBM is connected to 1U tru One HOtel so, thats not a prob. But the price of the lunch is.
Its barely a week yet, so im still getting to know the company. I dont know how much will my perception or feelings change towards here after a while, but all i can say for the time being is, i like what i see.. hehe..

Thats all for nw.. my blog is revived!

Have a good day y'all! and Happy Belated Valentine's Day! (mine was goooood, how was yours?)

1 comment:

Eddie Lim said...

That was very very emo posting....didn't know u got so many friends in BDO lol...more than me i guess...hehe....all the best in IBM...great future australia gal