Tuesday, May 04, 2010

I iz a chef today!



Clockwise from top left:
(Stir fried organic cabbage with garlic and dried praws, grilled salmon marinated with italian herb and salt, herbal eggs & the final piece + chicken sausages)

This is me today ---> Smiley

Gave my culinary skills a test today and got myself to cook a simple lunch for two.
Outcome? Hmm.. i think its alright for someone who has not cooked for the past 2 years.Smiley

7 findings after the lunch cook-out today:

1. Salmon is a very difficult fish to cook. Its skin kept sticking on the pan and its meat was on edge of breaking apart! Bought 2 slices of salmon, but end up with 1 and a few bits and pieces. Salmon, whyyyy?

2. It takes a lot of effort to cook just a simple lunch. From the ingredient shopping to washing and slicing and marinating and stir frying right up to cooking the rice! phew* its even harder than work!

3. Always buy extra ingredients when you are a first timer. For my case, portions for 2 became 1. Dont ask why, you know.Smiley

4. Frozen food is very handy. If you feel you dont have enough dishes, just throw in some sausages , better still some scramble eggs!

5. It is a tiring process. Cant imagine doing this everyday. Salute to housewives around the world.

6. Your partner will usually say it taste good and gives you words of encouragement. Despite the vegetable is too salty or the salmon taste a tad bit weird. :D common, they had to right? teehehe..Smiley

7. Kitchen is really not a place I can shine. T.T To my future kids, I'm so sorry.. but McD taste good, no?Smiley

Cheers to a good lunch, probably more because of the company than the food.. hehe Smiley





3 comments:

Kent 阿健 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kent 阿健 said...

I had a great meal ystdy =) *hugs

Unknown said...

ooo...nvr tot my baby angel is such a good chef..=)

dear kent,u r e luckiest guy!...