Tuesday, December 11, 2007

poem sharing day!

The Truth About Drink Driving

I read this in the paper,
And it really made me think;
That a quarter of all road accidents
Can be blamed... directly... on drink.

Now statistics, they tell you, will never lie,
But be wary of how they're used;
You need your wits about you,
It's easy to get confused.

If a quarter of accidents are had by drunks,
Then sober people have all the rest;
That's 75% if I'm not mistaken,
... (My maths never were the best).

But I'm not entirely stupid,
And I plan to stay alive;
So I'm gonna start driving drunk,
I'm three times more likely to survive
.

Copyright; Ian Mackay - May 1995

i thought it was cool so i came up with this..

This poem you see,
this one right above,
i googled it from the internet,
cuz i suddenly feel like becoming a poet
but as you can see ,
if you can see what i can see,
becoming a poet, i shall never be,
anyway anyhow, back to the story,
i am not encouraging drink drinking, so please don't sue me,
drinking and driving is never the best combo for you and me,
so before you do it
please think carefully
the poem above titled" the truth about driving" is not dependable you see,
cuz i got it from a site named for the lunatic and crazy!

2 comments:

Kent 阿健 said...

The lunatic and the crazy site huh?
respond to the previous comment. I do read your blog... ^^ yea i am still reading it... It's not burung gagak / pipit like joo's fren said~ It's eagle~ Burung Helang at my blog!!!
!#@!$!@$#@%#@$#

By de way gd luck in ur exam...
Ppl dun sleep early during exam week.. Well.. at least i dnt...
Coz like i said.. mid nite seems to work out for me.. for studying of course... and yea.. I do think that drinking and driving don't make any good combo or any ala carte~ yea so dun drink and drive.. glad that u didn't drive.. coz u seems got drunk quite often huh? muahahahahahahah hope u nt gonna kill me for that... muahahahahaha good luck and all de best in ur exam... ciaowz...

SaraLiew said...

what do you mean by i dont drive?
^%$##@!$^$^

i happen to be a pretty good driver. :P *pats self*

all the best in your exams too!.. get ready to get drunk after 19th!!