Saturday, March 08, 2008

12th Election Day 2008.. My First.

Woke up at 7am today.. Surprisingly early for a Saturday.. but.. its most prolly cuz I'm so ussed to waking up at 5am to work everyday..

Today is a big day for Malaysia.. Our 12th Election Day! And not to forget, my first ever voting!
Reached my poling center, SMK Sri Permata @ Seaport (also my beloved highschool :P ) at 9 plus am.. I have to say.. The flow was good. I mean there are people everywhere to guide you where to go, which room to enter.. plus.. the whole process only took me around 5 minutes! It was organized in a god manner. I'm impressed.. i thought i would have to queue up for some time.. but.. it was all good..

Well, first when i reach, i proceed to the counter, pass them my IC, got my polling room number or which saluran i'm supposed to go.. Mine was saluran 9 so i proceed to the second floor of one of the buildings.. cant remember but i think its Block A,

I then proceed into my polling room, pass the lady my IC, she checked it.. then another guy to pass me the form, and then i would have to pass the form to another lady to get some holes punched..

Next, i proceed to one of the nicely covered tables, mark an "X" against the name of candidate of my choice.. hehe, and finally..... cast my vote in the secret ballot. Light orange form for Negeri into one box.. and Dark orange form for Parlimen into another box. There you have it.. a little bit long winded.. but that was the experience.

Well.. actually i don't quite understand why they need 2 people to handle the small forms.. cause they are practically sitting next to each other. so the same person can actually provide the forms and punch holes on them at the same time, no? hehe.. There were like 8 ppl for 1 room (1 to guard the entrance, 1 to check ur ic & read it out loud, 2 for forms, 2 for.. err i dunno.. 1 for the 2
secret ballots, and 1 chief officer to oversee the whole process.) Thats alot of people for me... hehe..

All in all, I'm happy that i experienced my first ever voting experience. It was an experience, but not like those "helluva wow" one... but.. hey, c'mmon ppl, at least exercise your rights, have a say over your country and,.. do your part as Malaysians! For those who have yet to register.. (tsk..tsk.. shame on you..) Faster do it quick! well, its like 5 years form now.. i know.. but who knows you'll forget about it by then right..?

And tonight, and i mean more like throughout the night.. we can expect results to slowly rolling in.. and we shall...... Hear what Malaysians have to say......

2 comments:

YingLing said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kent 阿健 said...

We actually posted a new post on the same day! Same topic.. not as in word to word.. but still almost the same content.. I would rather be surprise with the result "rolling" on that nite... It's been a while since I last heard from u.. someone complain and say u are unreachable through ur mobile phone.. how's life recently? keep in touch..

pls locate these articles View it